Sometimes I crave a really good chocolate chip cookie. I have a great recipe for that which I will post in the near future. But sometimes I want a cookie that makes me feel slightly less guilty while I'm devouring three or four in a row. At night. Before bed. A coworker of mine shared this recipe with me and I've been whipping it up quickly and easily with Lucas. It's healthy (I mean, less bad for you) because it's packed with protein, gluten free, and best of all, it tastes pretty awesome.
Flourless Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
Adapted from Southern Living
• 1 cup organic creamy peanut butter (I used crunchy because that's what I had on hand)
• ¾ cup organic sugar
• 1 large organic egg
• 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 1 cup semisweet chocolate morsels
• Parchment paper
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Stir together peanut butter and next 4 ingredients in a medium bowl until well blended. Stir in chocolate morsels.
2. Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets.
3. Bake at 350° for 12 to 14 minutes or until puffed and lightly browned. Cool on baking sheets on a wire rack 5 minutes. Transfer to wire rack, and let cool 15 minutes.